Welcome to Waterblogged



Welcome to our Blog. The majority of the content is about our outdoor swimming activities; with other comments, thoughts and pictures along the way. See our website http://community.lincolnshire.gov.uk/blueskyswimming/


and our videos on You Tube: http://www.youtube.com/user/Nicola8259



Pages

Tuesday 23 August 2011

Brown is the Colour ....

 ... of the North Sea. But it is only churned up sand; I mean, who needs crystal clear water anyway? It was a spontaneous decision to visit the beach at Sutton and try for a sea swim.  The RNLI Lifeguards information board listed a balmy air temperature of 21 C but a more robust 16 Degrees C in the water and with a ENE breeze off the sea it was less than tropical. The tide was going out at a pace but the Aussie Lifeguard assured me it was 'pretty safe' - pretty relaxed sort of advice.  There was certainly loads of room on the beach as well as in the sea. I managed a couple of immersions of twenty minutes and only mildish body shaking and finger numbness.  Fab place to sit afterwards - out of the way of 'that wind' in the 'Palisades' well the sun terrace overlooking the bowling green. See my arty photo below.

I'm surprised I didn't hear Sandra and Sharn's voices and cackling laughter booming out across the wash from their Day Out on the Norfolk Coast. There's two girls who need no amplification. : )


Where is everyone?

Sutton's Sun Terrace

1 comment:

Simply News said...

Hi,

Chris here from www.simplyswim.com the online retailer. I’m looking for swimmers to test out our new site so I can gather feedback on products, site usability and customer service. I really like your blog and was wondering if you wanted to review us?

Drop me an email if your interested so we can discuss further.

Chris – Simply Swim

http://www.simplyswim.com/