Welcome to Waterblogged



Welcome to our Blog. The majority of the content is about our outdoor swimming activities; with other comments, thoughts and pictures along the way. See our website http://community.lincolnshire.gov.uk/blueskyswimming/


and our videos on You Tube: http://www.youtube.com/user/Nicola8259



Pages

Tuesday 19 April 2011

Swimming and a State of Mind

Once again a cool swim comes to my rescue...

...have been distinctly blue today and have called on the heroes to lift me back up - Thanks again!

Isn't weird how lack of self confidence translates into dithering on the water's edge? On a cocky top of the world kinda day I'm in the water like a otter (ok, not a very flattering analogy, but go with me on this one!)

On a less ebullient day I'm standing up to my knees looking at the water, worrying about fishy friends, wondering what the f*** I'm doing even thinking about a swim...

....but I always get in, and I always quickly feel so much stronger, more positive, happier, all that good stuff. On a really good evening like today, the happy effect spills over into a bit of a zen calm and that brilliant calm and happiness takes over - very lovely!

Only downside was the dead fingers and toes an hour later - zen trance all very well but at some point logic and reason has to kick in and tell me to GET OUT!!!

No comments: