Welcome to Waterblogged



Welcome to our Blog. The majority of the content is about our outdoor swimming activities; with other comments, thoughts and pictures along the way. See our website http://community.lincolnshire.gov.uk/blueskyswimming/


and our videos on You Tube: http://www.youtube.com/user/Nicola8259



Pages

Tuesday 27 December 2011

Last Gasp of 2011?

Haggard pic says it all...it's been a tough "festive" season for this summer loving waterblogged sister...

...but, got a chance to get out today and bask in those 10 degrees air temp, made me a little stupid and before you know it I'm standing in four layers looking wistfully at the lake wondering if I'm brave enough..

The decision was made for me in 2009 and 2010 - the lake was frozen solid by mid Nov for the last two years. This year I'm looking at double figure air temps, gawd knows what the water is registering, but it looks clear, calm and I know I'll feel ready to face anything after a quick dip

Toughest thing is getting all those bloody layers off, but then I'm standing like a loon ankle deep in leaf litter in my kind of superfluous cozzie ... now there's no time to contemplate, just commit and go for it!!! Ouch! Bloody cold, circulation struggling between shut down and melt down !!!

Hey ho! December 27th....my latest swim of the year so far - and has gee'd me up for NY Day in the North Sea avec ma souer d'eau xx

1 comment:

Nicola 'The Middle One' said...

And while Sandra was freezing like the Lady of the Lake I was enjoying an outdoor swim with fellow swimming sister Lesley at the fabulous Oasis in central London. Hurrah for public services - Camden Council run this brilliant facility and the outdoor pool - heated to 28 C - is open all year - Yeh hey! Plus I got a return ticket on East Coast Trains for £20 - not bad, er despite the 5.30 am rise to make the train departure.